So I've been thinking about some of the designs I have done and have never been made before. I have quite a few. Not all of them are great, but some of them are pretty cool. I do not like putting up the rendered images of my designs because it can cause a little confusion about what the finished product will look like. I do my best to render them like the real thing, but the overall finish is never the same. I'm talking about the overall shine, blackening, and hard to reach places. The renders are too perfect or not accurate. All the images on my site as of now are all photographs of rings I have already produced. Well I'm going to start posting renders of rings I've designed, but have never produced yet. I will render them with a darker background so you can tell the difference. I leave the overall finish to me so to some degree if you are the first to purchase one of these rings in silver you are the guinea pig. In so doing I will discount the ring to whomever is the first buyer of that ring. The normal price $250 and it will be discounted to $200. That's a great savings and deal to get the first ring ever made of that design. After the first time the ring is purchased the price will go back up to $250 and I'll add real photographs of the ring to the listing. So look for the rendered rings and save $$$$. Not only that, but you'll have a cool ring to wear.
This is a new design from old parts. I took a few old parts and combined them into something new. Wings are always cool. This one has 4 wings or 2 sets of wings with decorative patterns in between them. The is just a simple CAD render and not exactly how the finished product will be, but should give a good idea.
The design process is very interesting with any design. They all start in different ways. This one started off as a simple drawing. That didn't work out. I scratched everything except for the long lines that go along the edges. Then I just jumped into CAD and started with a band. I inset the middle surface and started to try and get ideas for the rest of the design. I pulled out the wings and just loved how it went with the long stripes. I then made some new patterns to go in between them. That is the quick version of how one thing led to another. :)